Monday, March 9, 2009

Stop clapping....seriously, please stop clapping!

For those of you that were at my "Most remarkable influences of our time" tribute, I have just one thing to say... Thank you!
It's not every day (although pretty close for me), that someone is recognized for such an amazing honor and for that I am humbled. I am reminded of an experience early in my career with a small lady ( I think that's politically correct). Not only was she small, but she had a very interesting accent. When she attempted to say simple words, like "true," she would repeat the "t" four to five times before finishing the rest of the word. I never understood this, but was afraid to ask her "why?" since I didn't want to wait for the long response. Anyways, she asked me the three longest questions anyone has ever asked me, which was weird because she was so small. I am not going to share the three questions with you, because they weren't any good.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that clapped for 2 hours and 23 minutes straight, while standing. 
For those of you that weren't there, it was unbelievable. I didn't even get to say thank you or give a speech. Everyone just stood and clapped until I cried and ran off stage. 
I have the best fans ever! I am so happy that I have been able to change so many of your lives.

No comments: