Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Change your thought process

For a while now everyone has been asking me what it is that makes me so successful and so efficient. The truth is, I can understand things better than everyone else. For instance, you and I can hear the same quote "The early bird gets the worm." Automatically, you start saying in your head, yeah yeah yeah, I get it, first come first serve. And then you're done, you move on wondering what type of canned chili would make the best chili fries. The ball doesn't stop rolling for me though. I think of this phrase in several ways. First, if the early bird gets the worm, then every morning the worm has the opportunity to get the early bird. The point is, I don't think like the early bird, because everyone thinks like the early bird and everyone is too tired to wake up early, everyone knows what they should do and they don't want to do it. But if you think like the worm, things are more exciting. What can one worm do, to change this phrase forever? What if the early bird was scared to get the worm, or the early bird meets the worm for coffee in the morning to discuss how they could team up to get the fish? This is a silly example, but its to show you that there is no end to the possibility.

No comments: