Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 1

Before we get started, on page one of your IITTTC Journal write yourself a Power Poem (read my other posts to see what I am talking about. Please don’t feel inspired to share them with me, other people’s power poems tend to frustrate me). The poem is going to be something to refer to daily to set the tone for your exercises (kind of like before going to the opera with your wife you drop a dumbbell on your foot so you get the isle.).
Today is all about identifying all of your June Rabbits. In your IITTTC Journal draw a line that divides the second page in two. On the left side you are going to list all of your June Rabbits, On the right side you are going to write as many creative ideas as you can of ways to kill those rabbits. For example, instead of just saying “I could catch the rabbit in a potato sack and then hook it up to my dog leash, cut off its ears and grow its hair to look like a Yorkshire Terrier and enter it into an underground dog fighting ring,” I want you to be creative. Come up with something original. Come up with three ideas for each rabbit. Good luck! I will see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Dr. Larry Winkle,

I have another power poem I would like your feed back on. I think the last one was too powerful for the rookie that I am so I made this one simple. (It also rhymes because I like those ones more):

I look in the mirror
It's very clear
That I have power
This very hour
I can achieve
If I believe
My problems flee
Because I eat them like Spree
Believe, Believe, Believe
Achieve, Achieve, Achieve
Dream.

I think this one works better and isn't so powerful as the last one. I would also like to ask a favor. From now on will you refer to me as "little d"? (like my sign on name) Then I will feel more like your sidekick. You know like the old show Turner and Hooch. I would be Turner and you would be Hooch (because of course Hooch was clearly the hero and Turner just the sidekick). This would help me feel even more power and help in overcoming my "June Rabbits". This would also mean a lot because it was one of my three creative ways to destroy them like you asked us to do in our first journal entry today.

Your sidekick

little d

Dr. Larry Winkle said...

Little dingie,
It's nice to see that you don't have little man syndrome. You are the first male I have ever met that wants to wear his small manhood on his sleeve. Great power poem, unfortunately little d's don't get to be my sidekick. Good luck with the daily excersizes, I look forward to seeing your transformation.